The Corban & Blair team has been watching the War on Waste, an eye-opening documentary series by ABC. Hosted by journalist Craig Reucassel, the series reveals how much waste our world produces today. It shows how this waste harms the environment and encourages people to think about their daily choices.
Through captivating storytelling and compelling statistics, War on Waste challenges society’s complacency towards waste management and prompts a critical reevaluation of consumer habits. By delving into the realms of single-use plastics, food waste, and more, the series not only raises awareness about the pressing issues at hand but also empowers individuals to become agents of change in the ongoing battle for a more sustainable future.
- Using reusable cups, containers and utensils
- Printing Mindfully – Only printing when necessary and using recycled paper
- Recycling stations set up around the office
- Electronic Waste Recycling
- Use energy generated by Solar
- Turn off lights, computers, and other electronic devices when not in use
- Using the offcuts we generate in the manufacturing process to make new products
- Support repair and recycling programs
- Choose loose fruit and veg and take reusable produce bags
- Shopping at the market and opting for items in paper or glass
- Reduce Food Waste – Plan meals, store food properly and eat up leftovers
Support the BYO Friday initiative:
If you’re heading to the office on Friday, remember your reusables and don’t be shy! Spread the word and let everyone in your office know that you’ve joined the #BYOFriday movement to ditch single use every Friday! Find out more here.
As product designers, we place a high importance on both the products we design and the waste they might generate. We pay close attention to the products we create, how long they last, and what happens to them after their usefulness ends. These factors are at the core of our design philosophy.
Our objective is to choose materials that have a minimal impact on the environment. We aim to create items that are adaptable, can be used again, and have multiple purposes. Additionally, we make an effort to use as little packaging as possible, opting for pre-used boxes and packing materials.
Catch up on the War on Waste on ABC iView here.